Setting Up a Writer’s Website
Being a writer myself, I know what’s important to authors. You want a site that reflects you and showcases or highlights your achievements. Or if you’re as yet unpublished, you want the site to be a space where you can blog, maybe post up excerpts or writing tips. Perhaps you just want a profile page, somewhere to direct agents and editors to when you send off your polished manuscript. Or maybe you are self-published and want a website to build your platform, where you can post links to your various online book distributors.
Whatever you require, I can help you. Not sure about something? Drop me an email and we’ll discuss it. No matter who you are, I can get you online within weeks. Because of my love for books and writing, I have this special offer just for writers:
Full Author Website Package
- Fully updateable site (you can easily add/remove your own pages, images, videos, links, excerpts, etc.)
- Twitter integration to display your Tweets and profile
- Facebook integration to display your Facebook Fan Page or a widget to display all those who’ve “Liked” your page, if applicable.
- Share features so visitors can share your content with all major sites
- Prominent buttons to connect website guests to all your social media pages no matter what platform (inc. Youtube)
- Custom header image of your pen name, or a relevant image, or your book cover(s) – or an amalgamation of an image with your name
- A blog or news page
- Custom contact-me page that forwards site messages to your email account to prevent spambots from harvesting your email address
- The ability to post automatically and simultaneously your blog posts to Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and a few other sites (cuts down on self-promotion time, leaving you more time to write)
- A widget that lists your author-friends’ websites, so you can have a little network ring of similar sites to boost traffic
- Image(s) of your books in your sidebar, so no matter what page a website guest is on, they’ll see your books
- You get to pick what pages there will be and how you want the menu system laid out; e.g., with no sub menus, sub-menus, or sub-sub menus, like on this site
- A responsive design that works on tablets and mobiles as well as PCs
- The ability to set pre-written blog posts or pages to be posted on your behalf automatically on a chosen date and time. If Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ integration is active, this will also post a copy to these social media sites – handy if you’re going away but want to keep up promotion.
- One-off cost, yet a website that could last you a lifetime; no yearly renewal fees from me!
I will start you off with up to ten pages (including full menu system) and you will then be free to add and remove pages and posts at your leisure – the hard work of setting up the site is done.