Featured client (bespoke website): Bankfoot Boutique: Hair, Nails & Beauty
|“Just had a look through the website and its absolutely brilliant!!! So pleased with it so thanks SO much!! SO much more amazing than I’d ever anticipated.”|
To design something that reflected the clients’ forthcoming salon and was easy to navigate.
I was inspired to create something classy and beautiful after I visited Boutique on its opening day. I took photos of the salon and used them throughout the site, incorporating the same colours as was in the real place – purple and ochre – to create a match, something that was instantly recognisable by the salon’s visitors. I even used some of the promotional-material’s flourishes and swirls in my design!
- Help client choose a domain (website) name
- Help client choose a site host
- Hook up domain name to host via nameserver changing
- Plan initial site ideas offline
- Agree on final site design with client
- Write CSS code to configure look, text, and colours of the website
- Write html5 code that adds text, images, menu, and pages to the site
- Add basic PHP backend admin features so page content is editable
- FTP the site files onto the host server so they’re visible on the internet
- Make a database on the host server to store site content
- Make other website pages and add content
- Photograph Boutique on its opening day
- Sort, pick, and edit best photos
- Resize and crop photos
- Write script for gallery of Boutique images
- Design header
Please note, due to my websites being fully editable by the client, I cannot be held responsible for the latest content of external sites. Please see the pictures below to get an idea of how the site looked upon completion by me.