Featured client (WordPress website): Perthshire Holiday Let Services
|“Perthshire Holiday Let Services are absolutely delighted with our fabulous web site and cannot thank Sarah enough. If you are new to this, as we were, she is infinitely patient and takes the time to listen and make helpful suggestions. Nothing is too much trouble for Sarah and from the moment she agreed to create our site it moved along at a cracking pace. She is a great communicator, forever cheerful and we would have no hesitation in recommending her services.”|
To design something cosy, not modern and sleek, using the colours of autumn. The site had to be easy to navigate and user friendly, and reflect the family-run nature of the business.
I work best with shorter briefs, so I loved having near free reign to pick things as long as the client agreed on them. I felt yellows and oranges would make a site cosy, and so I tried to incorporate the golds of autumnal Perthshire in my work.
- Help client arrange site hosting
- Install WordPress on host
- Set up and configure WordPress
- Design theme, layout, colours, fonts, and general design; change the site completely from its initial template
- Import text from client (and edit text)
- Write text
- Configure slideshows
- Install and configure sidebar widgets and site plugins
- Set up Twitter API access so Twitter widget runs and displays company Tweets
- Set up Facebook developer app so Facebook “Like” and “fan page” features work
- Buy professional images for site
- Take photographs of first property (“Stanley” property)
- Sort, pick, and edit best photos
- Resize and crop photos
- Design company logo
- Design header
- Install calendar booking system that links to PayPal
- Create artwork “package” titles
Please note, due to my websites being fully editable by the client, I cannot be held responsible for the latest content of external sites. Please see the pictures below to get an idea of how the site looked upon completion by me.